Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #21

Today my district librarians had a staff development course meeting where we discussed our experiences with this program. We also worked on podcasts. I left feeling confident that I knew what I was doing. Well. . .what worked on my school computer didn't work on my home computer. After plugging in my microphone, I ran the sound test in Photo Story, but my microphone wasn't detected. I played around with my computer settings, but to no avail--I was unable to figure out how to record audio on my home computer. I created the following videocast, but with text in lieu of what I was planning on recording.
Every year I promote the Lone Star Book Awards books to my students. I think that creating a videocast to booktalk these books is a great way to get their attention. Using Photo Story was a breeze (it is so user-friendly!), and I plan on creating videocasts for each book and showing them in the library.

2 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games sounds like a goood book. I do not usually read the Lone Stars, as they are not at elementary level, but this one sounds good.
    One suggestion, since yours has text on each page reset the time allowed for each page so that the slides don't go so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I liked this idea! I think I would like to make some like this when we get new books in the library. Then, you could have this running to "entice" the kids into checking them out! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete