Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing #23

This has been quite a journey. I really enjoyed learning so many new things about Library 2.0. I was already familiar with a few of the Things, but I never realized how much there is that I didn't know. After completing this program, I feel both excited about the upcoming school year and well-prepared to take my library program into the 21st century.
I really enjoyed learning about the Flickr mashups (particularly the website BigHugeLabs)--there are so many ways that these can be used to promote my library program. I also appreciate the RSS feeds and newsreader accounts--rather than sitting at my computer and trying to remember which sites I wanted to check out, I can just go to my Google reader account and it is all there for me. What a time saver! Of all the Things, I think that creating a blog has been the most eye-opening for me. Now that I've actually done it, I can see how easy it is. I am inspired to create a personal blog so that I can share pictures of my daughter with family.
This program has certainly assisted in my lifelong learning goals. As a librarian, it is imperative that I stay current on technology. Rather than sitting through a course about technology, this program insists that we get out there and do it. I really feel that I've learned a lot. I would certainly participate in another program like this.
Now, to describe my learning experience in one word: discovery. I use this word because it implies learning through experience, something that I believe is very important to understanding and retention.
Thanks for the experience!

1 comment:

  1. so glad your summer journey to the playground was so successful! hope you will continue to share successes with us thru your blog

    ReplyDelete