Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing #11

I am amazed by Library Thing--what a wonderful way to organize your books while networking with readers who have similar interests. I spent a lot of time playing around with this site and I found lots of interesting applications. Professionally, Library Thing is a great cataloging resource. There's always that stack of books that need to be cataloged but some piece of information is missing; this site can help locate that information.
This site can also be used by teachers and educators to organize their classroom collections, required reading lists, etc. I plan on encouraging my students to create their own accounts next year as a way to track the books that they've read and want to read.
I love the format of the site; I chose to display my collection by the book cover. It's so easy to network with people who have similar reading interests. I'm always looking for new books to read, so I plan on using this feature a lot. I also joined the group "Librarians who Library Thing" and enjoyed reading their concerns, frustrations, etc.
I am very excited about organizing my personal collection with Library Thing and can't wait to share this site with my book-loving friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment