Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing #18

I have used the online production tools offered by Google, but I was unaware that there were some offered by OpenOffice.org. From exploring the website, I noticed that they offer products parallel to those by Microsoft Office. While I will continue to use my Microsoft Office suites, I really like the availability of a free presentation tool that is similar and compatible with Microsoft's Power Point. Power Point is a program that is not offered with all software (particularly on people's home computers), so it is convenient to have the option of creating presentations at home. Since OpenOffice's applications are compatible with Microsoft's, educators can create presentations at home and then e-mail them to their school computers to use in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment