Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #6


Wow--I am in awe of the cool things that can be done with Flickr Mash-Ups. These applications are a dream come true for teachers. They offer students and teachers one more way to integrate technology into the classroom. One project that my language arts classes do every year is create movie posters based on the novel that they've read. Big Huge Labs has a fantastic application for doing just that.

One thing that I was planning on doing next year was create badges for my student aides. I think that it will give them a sense of formality about the job that they are doing as well as help them be in compliance with school policy. I used the badge maker on the Big Huge Labs website to create a preliminary template for badges next year (I used my blog profile photo in lieu of a student's).

I really enjoyed playing around with these sites. I am very excited about sharing them with my learning community next school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment